Sunday 10 June 2012

A Trembling Soul













A Trembling Soul 



by


Shizza Barlas





Deadly shadows wondering around my soul...


How I explain how it hurts me in a while...


All these injuries all these sighs


My country daily is dying


How to hold these pains these cries


And to define what it feels like ....


The land of wisdom of a true Muslim...


The land of hope`s falling is close....


It trembles inside my soul ...


The grudge the fear oh my Lord..!


Day by day these leaders are robbing


The true innocent blood of all


I witness the deaths and the children`s cries


I saw the women hopelessly alive...


The dejected the numb people here...


Poverty growing


Not a care for the millionaire...


The shaheen of Iqbal or the Youth of Quaid...


We need figures like these to rescue my country's life








































































Shizza Barlas accentuates the ills that afflict modern day Pakistan. Shizza`s Pakistan Studies Thesis was on whether "Leaders are Born or Made". She seeks to pursue further scholarship on leadership. She went to school at the Islamabad Convent followed by Islamabad College for Girls in F-6/2.


Shizza`s vision is to clear the CSS and subsequently join the ranks at DMG. She is an ardent advocate of democracy and seeks happiness before and beyond anything else. Her message to all of you is as follows "Respected readers, I won`t highlight my achievements, specifically I believe one should bring out one`s capabilities and potential in practical ways. Similarly my poem speaks for itself. God Bless."   



2 comments: